1. | [t][nopass] ~ sth 收到;接到to receive sth |
I got a letter from Dave this morning. 今天早上我收到戴夫的一封来信。 | |
What(= What presents) did you get for your birthday? 你收到什么生日礼物了? | |
He gets(= earns) about $40 000 a year. 他一年挣 4 万元左右。 | |
This room gets very little sunshine. 这个房间几乎照不进阳光。 | |
I got a shock when I saw the bill. 我看到账单时大吃一惊。 | |
I get the impression that he is bored with his job. 我的印象是他厌倦他的工作。 |
2. | [t][nopass] 获得;得到to obtain sth |
Where did you get(= buy) that skirt? 你在哪儿买的那条裙子? | |
Did you manage to get tickets for the concert? 你弄到音乐会的票了吗? | |
She opened the door wider to get a better look. 她把门开大些以便看得更清楚。 | |
Try to get some sleep. 尽量睡会儿吧。 | |
He has just got a new job. 他刚找到一份新工作。 | |
Did you get a present for your mother? 给你母亲买礼物了吗? | |
Did you get your mother a present? 给你母亲买礼物了吗? | |
Why don't you get yourself a car? 你为什么不买辆汽车呢? |
3. | [t][nopass] ~ sth (for sth) (卖某物)挣得,获得to obtain or receive an amount of money by selling sth |
How much did you get for your car? 你的汽车卖了多少钱? |
4. | [t] 去取(或带来)to go to a place and bring sb/sth back |
Quick─ go and get a cloth! 快,去拿块布来! | |
Somebody get a doctor! 谁去叫个医生来吧! | |
I have to go and get my mother from the airport(= collect her) . 我得去机场接我的母亲。 | |
Get a drink for John. 给约翰拿杯饮料来。 | |
Get John a drink. 给约翰拿杯饮料来。 |
5. | [t][nopass] ~ sth 受到;遭到;被判(刑)to receive sth as a punishment |
He got ten years(= was sent to prison for ten years) for armed robbery. 他因持枪抢劫被判刑十年。 |
6. | [t][nopass] ~ sth 接收到;收听到;收看到to receive broadcasts from a particular television or radio station |
We can't get Channel 5 in our area. 我们地区收不到 5 频道的节目。 |
7. | [t][nopass] ~ sth (定期)买,购买to buy sth, for example a newspaper or magazine, regularly |
Which newspaper do you get? 你订阅什么报纸? |
8. | [t][nopass] ~ sth (考试)获得,达到to achieve or be given a particular mark/grade in an exam |
He got a ‘C’ in Chemistry and a ‘B’ in English. 他化学考试得中,英语考试得良。 |
9. | [t][nopass] ~ sth 感染上;患上;遭受…之苦to become infected with an illness; to suffer from a pain, etc. |
I got this cold off(= from) you! 我这感冒是被你传染的! | |
She gets(= often suffers from) really bad headaches. 她经常头痛得厉害。 |
10. | [t][nopass] ~ sb 与(某人)电话联系;与(某人)通电话to be connected with sb by telephone |
I wanted to speak to the manager but I got his secretary instead. 我想与经理说话,可接电话的却是他的秘书。 |
11. | [i] ~ to do sth 开始(感觉到、认识到、成为);达到…地步(或程度)to reach the point at which you feel, know, are, etc. sth |
After a time you get to realize that these things don't matter. 过段时间你会明白这些事情并不要紧。 | |
You'll like her once you get to know her. 你一旦了解了她就会喜欢她的。 | |
His drinking is getting to be a problem. 他的酗酒越来越成问题了。 | |
She's getting to be an old lady now. 她现在都快是个老太婆了。 |
12. | [t] 使,让(某人或物做某事);说服(某人做某事)to make, persuade, etc. sb/sth to do sth |
I couldn't get the car to start this morning. 我今天早上没法让这汽车发动起来。 | |
He got his sister to help him with his homework. 他让姐姐帮助他做家庭作业。 | |
You'll never get him to understand. 你永远不会使他明白的。 | |
Can you really get that old car going again? 你真能让那老爷车再跑起来吗? | |
It's not hard to get him talking─the problem is stopping him! 让他谈话并不难,难的是让他住口! |
13. | [t] ~ sth done 使(某事)发生;使完成(某事)to cause sth to happen or be done |
I must get my hair cut. 我得理发了。 | |
I'll never get all this work finished. 这么多的工作我怎么也干不完。 |
14. | [t] ~ doing sth 开始;开始做to start doing sth |
I got talking to her. 我开始与她谈起来。 | |
We need to get going soon. 我们需要马上出发。 |
15. | [i] (informal) ~ to do sth 有机会(做某事);得到(做某事的)机会to have the opportunity to do sth |
He got to try out all the new software. 他得以试用了所有的新软件。 | |
It's not fair─I never get to go first. 这不公平,我从来没有机会先走。 |
16. | [i] + adv./prep. 抵达,到达(某地或某点)to arrive at or reach a place or point |
We got to San Diego at 7 o'clock. 我们 7 点钟到达了圣迭戈。 | |
You got in very late last night. 你昨晚回来得很晚。 | |
What time did you get here? 你什么时候到达这儿的? | |
I haven't got very far with the book I'm reading. 我那本书还没读多少呢。 |
17. | [i][t] (使)到达,离开,沿…移动,艰难地移动to move to or from a particular place or in a particular direction, sometimes with difficulty; to make sb/sth do this |
The bridge was destroyed so we couldn't get across the river. 大桥已经毁坏,我们无法过河了。 | |
She got into bed. 她上床睡觉了。 | |
He got down from the ladder. 他从梯子上下来了。 | |
We didn't get(= go) to bed until 3 a.m. 我们直到凌晨 3 点才上床睡觉。 | |
Where do we get on the bus? 我们在哪儿上公共汽车? | |
I'm getting off(= leaving the train) at the next station. 我在下一站下车。 | |
Where have they got to(= where are they) ? 他们到什么地方去了? | |
We must be getting home ; it's past midnight. 我们得回家了,已过半夜了。 | |
The general had to get his troops across the river. 将军必须让部队过河。 | |
We couldn't get the piano through the door. 我们无法将钢琴搬过这道门。 | |
We'd better call a taxi and get you home. 我们最好叫辆出租车送你回家。 | |
I can't get the lid off. 我打不开盖子。 |
18. | [t][nopass] ~ sth 搭乘,乘坐(公共汽车、出租车、飞机等)to use a bus, taxi, plane, etc. |
We're going to be late─let's get a taxi. 我们要迟到了,咱们坐出租车吧。 | |
I usually get the bus to work. 我通常坐公共汽车上班。 |
19. | [t] 准备,做(饭)to prepare a meal |
Who's getting the lunch? 谁来做午饭? | |
I must go home and get tea for the kids. 我得回家为孩子们准备茶点。 | |
I must go home and get the kids their tea. 我得回家为孩子们准备茶点。 |
20. | [t] (informal) ~ sth 接(电话);应(门)to answer the telephone or a door when sb calls, knocks, etc. |
Will you get the phone? 你去接一下电话好吗? |
21. | [t] ~ sb (尤指为伤害或惩罚)抓住,捉住,逮住to catch or take hold of sb, especially in order to harm or punish them |
He was on the run for a week before the police got him. 他逃跑一周后警方才将他逮住。 | |
to get sb by the arm/wrist/throat 抓住某人的胳膊╱手腕;掐住某人的喉咙 | |
She fell overboard and the sharks got her. 她从船上跌入水中被鲨鱼咬了。 | |
He thinks everybody is out to get him(= trying to harm him) . 他认为所有人都想害他。 | |
I'll get you for that! 这事我跟你没完! |
22. | [t] ~ sb + adv./prep. 击中;使受伤to hit or wound sb |
The bullet got him in the neck. 子弹击中了他的颈部。 |
23. | [t][nopass] (informal) ~ sb/sth 理解;明白to understand sb/sth |
I don't get you. 我搞不懂你的意思。 | |
She didn't get the joke. 她不明白那笑话的含义。 | |
I don't get it ─why would she do a thing like that? 我不明白,她怎么会干那种事? | |
I get the message ─you don't want me to come. 我明白这意思,你是不希望我来。 |
24. | [t][nopass] (informal) ~ sth (表示发生或存在)used to say that sth happens or exists |
You get(= There are) all these kids hanging around in the street. 所有这些孩子都在街上闲逛。 | |
They still get cases of typhoid there. 他们那儿仍有伤寒病发生。 |
25. | [t][nopass] (informal) ~ sb 使困惑;使迷惑;把…难住to make sb feel confused because they do not understand sth |
‘What's the capital of Bhutan?’ ‘ You've got me there! ’(= I don't know) “不丹的首都在什么地方?”“你可把我难倒了!” |
26. | [t][nopass] (informal) ~ sb 使烦恼;使恼火to annoy sb |
What gets me is having to do the same thing all day long. 使我感到烦恼的是整天都得干同样的事。 |
1. | (使)达到,处于to reach a particular state or condition; to make sb/sth/yourself reach a particular state or condition |
to get angry/bored/hungry/fat 发怒;生厌;饥饿;发胖 | |
You'll soon get used to the climate here. 你会很快习惯这儿的气候的。 | |
We ought to go; it's getting late. 我们该走了,天色越来越晚了。 | |
to get dressed/undressed(= to put your clothes on/take your clothes off) 穿上╱脱下衣服 | |
They plan to get married in the summer. 他们打算夏天结婚。 | |
She's upstairs getting ready. 她在楼上做准备。 | |
I wouldn't go there alone; you might get(= be) mugged. 我不会一个人去那儿,说不准会碰上抢劫的。 | |
My car got(= was) stolen at the weekend. 我的汽车周末被偷了。 | |
Don't get your dress dirty! 别把你的连衣裙弄脏了! | |
He got his fingers caught in the door. 他的手指给门夹了。 | |
She soon got the children ready for school. 她很快帮孩子们做好了上学的准备。 |