1. | [t] ~ sb/sth 欣赏;赏识;重视to recognize the good qualities of sb/sth |
You can't really appreciate foreign literature in translation. 看翻译作品不能真正欣赏到外国文学原著的美妙之处。 | |
His talents are not fully appreciated in that company. 他的才干在那家公司未受到充分赏识。 | |
Her family doesn't appreciate her. 她的家人不重视她。 |
2. | [t] 感激;感谢;欢迎to be grateful for sth that sb has done; to welcome sth |
I'd appreciate some help. 如果有人帮忙我将非常感激。 | |
Your support is greatly appreciated. 十分感谢你的支持。 | |
Thanks for coming. I appreciate it . 谢谢光临。无任欢迎。 | |
I would appreciate it if you paid in cash. 假如你支付现金的话,我会不胜感激。 | |
I don't appreciate being treated like a second-class citizen. 我不愿被人当作二等公民。 | |
We would appreciate you letting us know of any problems. 如有任何问题,请告诉我们。 |
3. | [t] 理解;意识到;领会to understand that sth is true |
What I failed to appreciate was the distance between the two cities. 我没有意识到这两座城市间的距离。 | |
I don't think you appreciate how expensive it will be. 我想你不了解它会有多昂贵。 | |
We didn't fully appreciate that he was seriously ill. 我们没有充分认识到他的病情很严重。 |
4. | [i] 增值;升值to increase in value over a period of time |
Their investments have appreciated over the years. 他们的投资这些年来已经增值。 |