1. | (will 的过去式,用于转述)将,将会used as the past form ofwill when reporting what sb has said or thought |
He said he would be here at eight o'clock(= His words were: ‘I will be there at eight o'clock.’) . 他说他将在八点钟到达这里。 | |
She asked if I would help. 她问我是否会帮忙。 | |
They told me that they probably wouldn't come. 他们对我说他们多半不会来。 |
2. | (带出想象的结果)used for talking about the result of an event that you imagine |
She'd look better with shorter hair. 她留短发会显得好看些。 | |
If you went to see him, he would be delighted. 倘若你去看望他,他会高兴的。 | |
Hurry up! It would be a shame to miss the beginning of the play. 快点儿!要是错过这出戏的开场就太可惜了。 | |
She'd be a fool to accept it(= if she accepted) . 她倘若接受,那她就是个傻瓜。 |
3. | (表示可能发生的事情没有发生,是因为之前另一件事没有发生)就会used for describing a possible action or event that did not in fact happen, because sth else did not happen first |
If I had seen the advertisement in time I would have applied for the job. 我要是及时看到了这则广告,我就应聘那份工作了。 | |
They would never have met if she hadn't gone to Emma's party. 她如果不去参加埃玛的聚会,他们就永远不会相会。 |
4. | so that/in order that sb/sth ~ (说明动机)used for saying why sb does sth |
She burned the letters so that her husband would never read them. 她把那些信都烧了以便永远不让她丈夫看见。 |
5. | wish (that) sb/sth ~ (表达愿望)会,将会used for saying what you want to happen |
I wish you'd be quiet for a minute. 我希望你会安静一会儿。 |
6. | (表示不愿意)used to show that sb/sth was not willing or refused to do sth |
She wouldn't change it, even though she knew it was wrong. 尽管她知道这错了,她也不肯改变。 | |
My car wouldn't start this morning. 今天早晨我的汽车怎么也发动不起来。 |
7. | (客气地请求)used to ask sb politely to do sth |
Would you mind leaving us alone for a few minutes? 你不介意让我们单独待一会吧? | |
Would you open the door for me, please? 请你给我开门好吗? |
8. | (客气地建议或邀请)used in polite offers or invitations |
Would you like a sandwich? 您来一个三明治好吗? | |
Would you have dinner with me on Friday? 请你星期五和我一起用餐好吗? |
9. | ~ like, love, hate, prefer, etc. sth/(sb) to do sth.~ rather do sth/sb did sth (表示愿意、喜欢、不愿意等)used to say what you like, love, hate, etc. |
I'd love a coffee. 我想喝杯咖啡。 | |
I'd be only too glad to help. 我非常愿意帮忙。 | |
I'd hate you to think I was criticizing you. 我可不愿意让你认为我是在批评你。 | |
I'd rather come with you. 我倒愿意和你一起去。 | |
I'd rather you came with us. 我倒愿意你和我们一块儿去。 |
10. | ~ imagine, say, think, etc. (that)… (提出拿不准的看法)used to give opinions that you are not certain about |
I would imagine the job will take about two days. 我猜想这工作大概需要两天左右的时间吧。 | |
I'd say he was about fifty. 我猜他五十岁上下。 |
11. | (提出忠告)used to give advice |
I wouldn't have any more to drink, if I were you . 我要是你的话,我就不会再喝酒了。 |
12. | (带出过去常见的情况)总是,老是used for talking about things that often happened in the past |
When my parents were away, my grandmother would take care of me. 我父母外出的时候,总是祖母照看我。 | |
He'd always be the first to offer to help. 他总是第一个主动提出帮忙。 |
13. | (带出一贯的行为)总是,爱,好,就used for talking about behaviour that you think is typical |
‘She said it was your fault.’ ‘Well, she would say that , wouldn't she? She's never liked me.’ “她说这是你的错。”“唉,她总是这么说,不是吗?她从来就没有喜欢过我。” |
14. | ~ that… (用以表示强烈的愿望)used to express a strong wish |
Would that he had lived to see it. 他要是能活到看见这该多好哇。 |