1. | [t][i] 看见;见到;看出to become aware of sb/sth by using your eyes |
She looked for him but couldn't see him in the crowd. 她在人群里找来找去,但没看见他。 | |
The opera was the place to see and be seen(= by other important or fashionable people) . 歌剧院是个名流和时尚人士竞显丰采的地方。 | |
He could see (that) she had been crying. 他看得出她哭过。 | |
Did you see what happened? 你看见出什么事了吗? | |
I hate to see you unhappy. 我不愿见你不高兴。 | |
She was seen running away from the scene of the crime. 有人看见她从犯罪现场跑开。 | |
I saw you put the key in your pocket. 我见你把钥匙放进了口袋里。 | |
He was seen to enter the building about the time the crime was committed. 有人看见他在案发时间前后进入那栋建筑物。 |
2. | [i] 看得见;看;有视力to have or use the power of sight |
She will never see again(= she has become blind) . 她再也看不见东西了。 | |
On a clear day you can see for miles from here. 在晴天,你从这儿能看出去很远。 | |
It was getting dark and I couldn't see to read. 天色黑下来,我看不成书了。 |
3. | [t] ~ sth 观看(比赛、电视节目、演出等)to watch a game, television programme, performance, etc. |
Did you see that programme on Brazil last night? 昨晚你有没有看那个介绍巴西的节目? | |
In the evening we went to see a movie. 晚上,我们去看了一场电影。 | |
Fifty thousand people saw the match. 有五万人观看了那场比赛。 |
4. | [t] ~ sth 见;参见to look at sth in order to find information |
See page 158. 参见第 158 页。 |
5. | [t] ~ sb 遇见;碰到;邂逅to be near and recognize sb; to meet sb by chance |
Guess who I saw at the party last night! 你猜猜,昨天我在晚会上碰见谁了! |
6. | [t] ~ sb 拜访;看望;探视to visit sb |
Come and see us again soon. 早点再来看我们。 |
7. | [t] ~ sb (about sth) 会见;会晤to have a meeting with sb |
You ought to see a doctor about that cough. 你得找个大夫看看你的咳嗽。 | |
What is it you want to see me about? 你找我有什么事? |
8. | [t] ~ sb 与(某人)待在一起;交往to spend time with sb |
Are you seeing anyone(= having a romantic relationship with anyone) ? 你是不是跟什么人好上了? | |
They've been seeing a lot of each other(= spending a lot of time together) recently. 他们近来老泡在一起。 |
9. | [i][t] 理解;明白;领会to understand sth |
‘It opens like this.’ ‘Oh, I see .’ “这样就打开了。”“哦,我明白了。” | |
He didn't see the joke. 他没听懂这则笑话。 | |
I don't think she saw the point of the story. 我觉得她没有领会故事的中心意思。 | |
I can see both sides of the argument. 争论双方的观点我都清楚。 | |
Make Lydia see reason(= be sensible) , will you? 你要让莉迪娅明白道理好不好? | |
Can't you see (that) he's taking advantage of you? 他在利用你,难道你看不出来? | |
I don't see that it matters what Josh thinks. 乔希怎么想有什么要紧,我不明白。 | |
‘It's broken.’ ‘Oh yes, I see what you mean .’ “它破了。”“噢,我明白你的意思。” | |
‘Can we go swimming?’ ‘ I don't see why not(= yes, you can) .’ “我们可以去游泳吗?”“可以呀。” | |
The government not only has to do something, it must be seen to be doing something(= people must be aware that it is doing sth) . 政府不仅必须采取措施,而且必须让人们知道它在采取措施。 |
10. | [t] ~ sth + adv./prep. 认为;看待to have an opinion of sth |
I see things differently now. 现在,我看问题的方式不一样了。 | |
Try to see things from her point of view. 设法从她那个角度去看问题。 | |
Lack of money is the main problem, as I see it(= in my opinion) . 依我看,主要问题是缺钱。 | |
The way I see it , you have three main problems. 我认为你有三个主要问题。 |
11. | [t] 设想;想象to consider sth as a future possibility; to imagine sb/sth as sth |
I can't see her changing her mind. 我无法想象她会改变主意。 | |
His colleagues see him as a future director. 他的同事认为他很可能是未来的负责人。 |
12. | [i][t] (通过查看、打听、等待)弄清,了解to find out sth by looking, asking or waiting |
‘Has the mail come yet?’ ‘I'll just go and see.’ “邮件来了没有?”“我去看看。” | |
‘Is he going to get better?’ ‘I don't know, we'll just have to wait and see .’ “他会好起来吗?”“不清楚,我们只能等着瞧了。” | |
We'll have a great time, you'll see . 你瞧着吧,我们会很开心的。 | |
Go and see what the kids are doing, will you? 你去看看孩子们在干什么好不好? | |
We'll have to see how it goes . 我们得看看情况怎么样。 | |
I see (that) interest rates are going up again. 我知道利率又在提高了。 | |
It can be seen that certain groups are more at risk than others. 看得出,有的组风险大,有的组风险小。 |
13. | [i][t] 考虑;定夺to find out or decide sth by thinking or considering |
‘Will you be able to help us?’ ‘I don't know, I'll have to see.’ “你能帮助我们吗?”“不好说,我得考虑一下。” | |
‘Can I go to the party?’ ‘ We'll see(= I'll decide later) .’ “我能去参加聚会吗?”“待会儿再看吧。” | |
I'll see what I can do to help. 我考虑考虑,看我能帮上什么忙。 |
14. | [t] ~ that… 确保;务必(做到)to make sure that you do sth or that sth is done |
See that all the doors are locked before you leave. 一定要把所有的门都锁好了再走。 |
15. | [t] ~ sth 经历;遭受to experience or suffer sth |
He has seen a great deal in his long life. 他在漫长的一生中经历了许多事情。 | |
I hope I never live to see the day when computers finally replace books. 我可不愿意活到那一天,看着计算机最终取代书籍。 | |
It didn't surprise her─she had seen it all before . 她没有大惊小怪,她以前全都见识过。 |
16. | [t] ~ sth 为…发生的时间to be the time when an event happens |
Next year sees the centenary of Mahler's death. 明年是马勒逝世一百周年。 |
17. | [t] ~ sth 为…发生的地点to be the place where an event happens |
This stadium has seen many thrilling football games. 在这座体育场里举办过许多激动人心的足球比赛。 |
18. | [t] ~ sb + adv./prep. 送;护送to go with sb to help or protect them |
I saw the old lady across(= helped her cross) the road. 我护送老太太过马路。 | |
May I see you home(= go with you as far as your house) ? 我可不可以送你回家? | |
My secretary will see you out(= show you the way out of the building) . 我的秘书会把你送出去。 |
Now let me see─how old is she now? 让我想一想,她现在多大了呢? |
Now let me see─how old is she now? 让我想一想,她现在多大了呢? |
We should have seen it coming. There was no way he could keep going under all that pressure. 我们本该料到的。承受着那么大的压力,他不可能坚持下去。 |
We should have seen it coming. There was no way he could keep going under all that pressure. 我们本该料到的。承受着那么大的压力,他不可能坚持下去。 |
If you don't believe me, go and see for yourself! 要是不信我说的,你自己去看看! |
If you don't believe me, go and see for yourself! 要是不信我说的,你自己去看看! |
Seeing that he's been off sick all week he's unlikely to come. 他请病假整整一周了,所以今天也不大可能来。 |
Seeing that he's been off sick all week he's unlikely to come. 他请病假整整一周了,所以今天也不大可能来。 |
I'd better be going now. See you! 现在我可该走了。再见! |
I'd better be going now. See you! 现在我可该走了。再见! |
You see, the thing is, we won't be finished before Friday. 要知道,问题是星期五以前我们完不了事。 |
You see, the thing is, we won't be finished before Friday. 要知道,问题是星期五以前我们完不了事。 |